Google
 
Web My Journey

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tai chi saturday

I played some soft relaxing music, and read a quote from one of the books while I had them mediate in a horse stance.

Well, I tried doing more tai chi class but the group I had of kids wouldn't "get" it. So I kind of switched gears a little bit. I had the class run around alot then do the lotus palm breathing technique. Then I had the people with the plum tree blocking system, and the other people doing parry parry blocking. Then I had them doing one pinion and the yellow belts doing there tiger kemp technique.

The plum tree blocking people later brought some yellow bats, and did blocks with those. Then moved onto ten point. Then a greenbelt lead the lower belts through the eight point blocking system and halfmooning.

Then I gave each of the brown belts a group, and had them teach something. To finish up the class we did two games. The first was where they were to throw a snowball through a hoop I rolled on the floor. The next was freeze tag with noodles. I gave the noodles to the two smallest people, and let them go at it. Then put out a fuzzy dice they could be "tagged" with.

I was told there was a nice variety.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mathieu said...

nice variety indeed!

cheers!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home