Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

balance

I started the class a little late. Had the kids bow in, and mediate. Then had them do some shuffling exercises. Then some basic half-mooning. Then added eight point blocking system. Then did 6 combination. Nothing fancy, just the basics.

Next came the thought of the week. The helpers called had them do various laps. After which we did a thing, where we jumped over a oval shield and did 6 combination. We had them stand behind some cones so they knew were to stand behind. When a kid was having trouble with it we would pull them aside and work with them on it. One thing I did was have the kids do six and seven combinations on a lil dragon wavemaster. Then did this thing where we put handbag on top of their heads and had them walk to see how far they could walk with it. One of them made it too the mirrors.

Then we spilt up. I worked with a orange belt on one pinion at vary rates of speed. I found she did well when she slowed it down. I went through it a few times with her. Then I pulled out a little dragons bag, and called out targets. One thing I did is I would repeat circle switch triangle, then say square. It made her think a little bit.

For the last thing we played kick the bag. We had the kids play twice then us instructors against the kids. Then we did the Villari Motto.

Next class came line up. We had them mediate and the thought of the week. Then had them do this thing where we they had to keep running, then drop down and do a pushup. Jim wanted them to go faster then he was. It took them several times to do it but eventually they did it. Then came the situps and jumping jacks.

Then had them run around the room. Through out some nerf frisbees at the kids. I waited till they were jogging though.

The class split up and I had put some dots and the ground. What I had them do is through a snowball around then do a kempo. I would add more snowballs. Next I had them do a gauntlet with to work on kempos. We went through it several times, so hopefully it was a good review for people. I wanted to work on kempos because one person is getting near the he needs it for his stripe and it's a good review for everyone.

One of the helpers worked with the greenbelts while I worked with the greenbrown belts. What I had them do is stand on some mats, and do their combinations on them. Then I had them rotate around. One young lady asked how did she know it would work, so I "borrowed" an adult who was passing by. Then I had them work on kempos in the same manner.

The last thing is we had them play snowballs. We played three games and the last game we played they would come to me for technique. When they did it they could go back into the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home