Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, October 20, 2006

The purple belts and the sai form

Well, I found out shortly before class that I and Bruce were teaching it. Well, we did a few laps, then did some pushups and situps. Then we started with the purplebelts highest bo staff form and worked our way down. Then we would also do the form without the bo staff. Finally, we did the sai form together.

The Blue-Greens went with Bruce, and the purple belts went with me. I made a few pointers on the form and pointed out different things, like to put the block at angle. I had the purple belts do the sai form too the four corners. Then I put dots down and had to avoid dots and then on the dots. Finally, I got out stairmasters and first had them do two steps. Then once they completed that I had them do it again adding two more steps. Then again adding two more steps.

The last thing is I had them, swing there sai's out ten times. Then I had them punch with the sai's ten times. Them I had the do a double strike with the sai's. Finally, I had them mediate. Then we put the steps away.

The empty hand class started with five laps. Then we did some running and drop down and do a pushup. Next we dropped down and do situps. Next came the stretches. Then we did jumping jacks. Next we got wavemasters on the center line, and put labels on them for both sides. Then we would do strikes or kicks on the bag. The idea was to catch the other person. We did this several times.

Next we ran through the bags and then shuffled through the bags with different sides. Finally, we played a game of hot wave master. We would walk around and try and get on wavemaster. Then we would put one away. If they were "out" they would then stand in a crane stance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home