Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

wavemasters and dodgeball

So we got the kids lined up and first we had them do some laps, then I had a dice. One of the helpers would throw the dice and that's how many strikes they would do. I wish we had an eight sided fuzzy dice for the eight point blocking system.

Then we had the thought of the week. Some of the kids had rough days today. So I thought it would be apprioprate to tell them this:

Today

Outside my window, a new day I see,
And only I can Determine,
What kind of day it will be,
It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay,
Or boring and cold, unhappy and gray,
My own state of mind is the determing key,
For I am only the person I let myself be,
I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help,
Or be selfish and think just for myself,
I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun,
Or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone,
I can be patient with those who may not understand,
Or belittle and hurt them as much as I can,
But I have faith in myself, And believe what I say,
And I personally intend to make the Best of eacy day
By Jan LaValley

After that we broke up into groups, and I setup up some wavemasters for the game. I helped where needed when the kids needed it. Then we played dodgeball, with a ukemi ball and some small wavemasters. After they "got" on a wavemaster they were to do two punches on it.

Then for the green-brown belt. I laid on the floor and swung a rope around and they were to jump over it. The little ninja's were still going so we only had half of the studio. Then we worked on some of the kicks and some handstrikes strikes. The we did though of the week. Next we did some rings of fire. It turned into a review of knife techniques. For a game we had frisbee tag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home