Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

helpers obstacle course

So we got some plans for the halloween party coming up. Should be interesting because the person running it is different this year. So we'll see at the leadership meeting.

Well, I got the class lined up. Then had them sit down and mediate. Then run some laps and do some stuff over some matts that were folded up. While they were doing that, then the assistants were setting up an obstacle course thing. They had a kids wave master they would call combinations out on. Touch every dot without touching the cones. Then they would have to throw a few punches, at a oval shield. Step every hand shield that was lined out, bunny hope over a stairmaster booster step. Jump over a stairmaster, then walk through some training knives without touching them. I added a side club and over head with a blockers.

Then we had the thought of the week. We got the crash mat out and had them throw themselves down. I thought it was good because the kids seem to like to fall down.

Then we broke off into groups. I worked with a purple belt. We went over wrist grabs, kempos, and sideclubs. Main thing was his footwork, so I got out some dots and had him use them as a guide to where his feet should go.

For the last thing then we played snowballs. Some of the assistants, played to help even the score. Which I thought was fine.

One thing that would be nice is a kempo cube. For example, it could have different sides for kempos, combinations, overhead and side clubs, punches and kicks. I think it would be nice for review.

So the next class came, and we had them mediate. Then we had them run some laps. First two laps jogging, with a bear crawl, and crab walk. I think it really wor them out. Then we did the thought of the week.

The class split up into two groups. I had the kids do a review of kempos. One person would do a kempo, and then everyone would do the kempo. The reason for doing this particuler drill is some of the kids are going to need alot of kempos for there next stripe. So if they reviewed them that might help them to "remember" some.

Anyway, I worked with some green brown belts on some hand strikes on wavemasters. I had them do some strikes then some kicks. Then switch, and do some strikes and put the leg around the wavemaster, and do some strikes. I think it wore them out a little. Then we worked on 17 combination. I was going to have them do some combinations on a mat, but we didn't have time.

Then for a game we played musical wavemasters. Where the kids would be running around then they would have to go to a wavemaster. Well each time we remove a wavemaster. I was surprised the kids took out the xxl wavemasters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home