Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, October 13, 2006

Next bo staff form

Well, we started out with a little mediation, then did some laps, with bo staff different twirls, and did some basic combinations. Then we startinged in out bo staff forms. Then I worked with a blue-green belt on a bo staff form. I got out the wavemaster and have him do part of the form on the bag. I think it helped.

Then me and Bruce went off and he started me on the next bo staff form. I like it although I'm going to have to get used to it. It's alot like my highest form, except your doing a show of strenght and downing some downward strikes so far.

Then the whole class got together. Brad had me go get my sai's and I did nago sai with them. Next Brad had Bruce do the form. Then he had us do Choto Kian. I was surprised I did so well.

I got my belt on then got my card for class. We started out with five laps. Then did some running in place with strikes. Next some situps and pushups while holding them. Next we did this thing with laps where on person would do an overhead or sideclub then the defender would run and the attacker would defend himself from the other person.

Then the black belts went off and Bruce worked together on some combinations. I got 24 combination which is interesting. Bruce also worked with me again on Hansuki. I remembered some of it from the last time which was awhile ago. It's easier if you chat the moves of the form. The fist set seems to repeat itself which is okay because it's along fist set.

Then the blackbelts and a brown belt did a ring of fire. It was interesting to see how different people did different things. We'll see who comes to the leadership meeting tomorrow.

One thing is Bruce is planning in the process of starting a school. He has alot of equipment but one thing is how does he cover the floor because the place they got right now is just concrete. Well, he might go with puzzlemats. So we'll see how that goes.

One thing too he has some money left over but not alot. I suggested he get his students to help raise funds for the school. By the time there purple belts and need mats we use for front rolls, they should be a year into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home