Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, November 09, 2006

striking film

So I got the kids lined up and had them run around in figure eights. Then I did some stretches then we did the thought of the week. Next we did some strikes and kicks on the handbags, where me and Jim would hold them and the kids would strike them. Then we did striking film which was basically the same thing. Then we put bags on the kids front position and had them walk to the mirrors. Me and another person tried distracting them.

We split up. I worked with two orange belts on different strikes. One thing I had them do is go backward and foreward in the cats stance then throw some punches. Also worked on some kicks, such as the roundhouse kick.

Then we played kick the bags. One thing we did different was if you hit someone with the black handbag then your whole team came back in. So that was interesting.

Then the blue through green/brown belts lined up and we did figure eights. They had a little bit of trouble. But eventually they got the idea.

Then I had divide up into rows and do kempos techniques down the room. We did the thought of the week next. Then we did two circles of fire, and I would call out the same color for both circles. Then I had the kids divide up again. This time I had them try and hit a ukemi ball without having it go out of the circle. If it did then they had to do pushups.

For a game the kids played frisbees. I used a bo staff to scoop the frisbees closer to the kids. Then after they were lined up I helped someone with two pinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home