Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, November 16, 2006

bullies

So we got the kids lined up and had them run around. One of the little kids was cold, so I had her image that the kids image they were by a fireplace. Then the thought of the week, with the little ninja's also. Then we moved them to the other side.

Jim Embrossi took one person off to th side and me and the helpers worked with the three other kids. So we did some combinations, then I tried having the kids do the combinations on the ukemi balls that didn't work so well. But having them practice some kicks, and strikes on the ukemi balls did help. It helps with timing, and getting power in there punches. One thing is getting something they will understand to do. Like if we were to setup wavemasters they might not be able to hit it hard.

While I was doing that the helpers setup and obstacle course to run them through. So I kept rolling the ukemi ball. Then eventually we played a game with snowballs. We used the nerf catching things as shields so if they blocked with it, they weren't out. They they recited the Villari Oath.

So then I lined the kids up and had them line up. Then I had them run figure eights, which were better than last week with various different types of laps. It's probably not easy to do with half of the rooms. Then we did some pushups, situps, and jumping jacks.

Then I had them do one pinion without going in the boundaries. Then two pinion. Then we had them run laps. One of the kids was breathing hard so I had her do the lotus palm breathing technique.

Then we had the thought of the week, and there were alot of questions about bullies. So we had them do a exercise. I had everyone walk around then gave one person a club. After a few times, I had the kids go into a focus circle and asked them why was it some people got attacked, and others didn't? Then we played a game of frisbees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home