Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, April 06, 2007

Foam Noodle

In the white through purple belt class I worked with two people on one pinion. Then worked with two white belts on some of their second stripe material. Then worked with some other other white belts working on there first stripe.

Then I helped hold a foam noodle, the kids were kicking over, then we had hand blockers so they would compensate. The idea was the rest of the class was to stay in a horse stance. They didn't, so I was supposed to think up a reward. So I had them run over to a line, and run back, do a jumping jack, run to the line and come back, do a situp, run over to the line and back and do a pushup. The kids didn't stay in a horse stance again, so we had them shuffle over the line and do a side blade kick, then shuffle back and do another sideblade kick. This resulted in less game time for jump the dragon.

The next class I worked with the greens through green brown belt class. So I worked with five people. First we started on combinations, then we did moved on to forms then on to kempos. When someone didn't have something I had them do something they already had in a different way.

In the green through blackbelt class Jim had the blackbelts warmed the class up. Bill scramble had us do some laps then some cardio exercises along with some stretches. Then I had the class do some shaolin kicking drills. Then Chelsie did another kicking drill. Then I started the kids off on some intermediate and advanced kicking drills.

Then we did statue of the crane and two kata. So then we split into groups. Our group did two kata. Then we performed our form, then they performed two kata two. So that was the end of class.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home