Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, March 16, 2007

sidebladekick to the front

Well, we recognized the kids that were in the belt test. Then had them bow and mediate. Then did some footwork drills with the kids. Chelsie then had the kids do some laps. Then we did thought of the week.

We didn't have alot of helpers so Jim E. checked stripes, while I worked with the class. Since we had two white belts that kind of limted the stuff we could do. What I had the kids do is have a have heats, then me and Chelsie hold cardio paddles. I kept it too the white belt curriculum. Looking back, I could have had the higher belts do their stuff, while the white belts did the same stuff. Or I could place obstacles in there way.

For a last game we played jump the Dragon. As a tie breaker we had the kids pick up a snow ball. Well, I had the highest belt go first, and the whitebelt won.

Then the next class lined up. There were alot of new blue belts. So a couple people helped out. We had them run around, then do the thought of the week. During which time I looked through the cards and looked for people who had stripes, and talked with Britany what we were to do.

Then we broke of into our groups. I worked with someone on getting two new kempo's, so he has enough to get his stripe. Then worked with someone on five pinion. After that we played frisbee's. I kicked some of the frisbee's back in.

Then next class lined up. I lead the class out with laps. Jim E. said I should confuse the other people so we did laps in figure eights. First I did jogging then I did stealth mode. Then I did leopard walking.

Then we made two lines and faced each other. Jim E. called out a technique then he would either ki or say go. If we were the last person done we had to do two pushups. But if we went when we said go, the whole team had to do three pushups. We did various things including a sideblade kick to the front. Which I had never done before.

Then our team went off and did a form practiced doing a form then we presented the form. Then we rearranged our teams then did another form, and presented that one. Then we split off into smaller groups, and worked on combinations.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home