Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, November 17, 2006

Army Crawl

Well, I worked with someone before class on the first bo staff form and the eight escrima counts. Then me and Bruce taught class today. First we had them run laps pumping and doing an army crawl through some mats, and running over some stacked cones.

Then we worked on some bo staff forms. I had them work with different angles. I worked with the white belts while Bruce worked with the upper belts and took them up through there sai form.

I took the purple belts and blue-green belts to where one person catched the a foam noodle and four other he would battle it out with four other people. The rules were if you got hit in the leg then you lost use of the leg, if you got hit in the arm you lost the use of the arm. Everyone got there chance with the noodle.

Then I had them people against each other with yellow foarm bats, and foam noodles. Then the winners faced off with each other. We did that a couple of times.

For the last part of class we did some nunchucka stuff. Bruce demonstrated a few moves. Then he and a Josh demonstrated the first bo staff form.

For open hand class we did seven laps, then every person did a cardio activity. Then each person did a stretch.

Then we did some mat stuff. The first thing was where we made steps with the mats. We did a few sets of those. Then we did a ring of fire with the mats in a pentagon. Next we did an exercise where we would go over the mats. I made it with six mats high which is high, with a little help.

Then we picked up, and that was the end of class. I did a little grappling with Travis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home