Google
 
Web My Journey

Saturday, January 06, 2007

more hansuki

So started off in a line and went back and forth doing figure eights with half-mooning and then with each arm. Then we did some of the bo staff forms, and I worked with one of the newer students on 2 and 4 count. First we did the 4 count then I tried to have here switch between 2 and 4. Then we did 2 and 4 count with empty hands.

Then I got out my sai's and worked on choto kian. I going to need to work on the last part of the form. One thing, that i saw that was interesting is doing a figure eight that a poke.

Then I grabbed my escrima sticks, and we had to do a count then touch four corners of the mat. Brad timed us. Other people went as well.

So I helped someone with plum tree blocking system before class got started. We did some laps. Next we went down the line the front line did a cardio, the back line did a stretch. What I had the class do is do a five pushup, then a situp, and a jumping. Then we partnered up and tried get lower in a horse stance than the other person. We did bunny hops back and forth.

Then the blackbelts broke of and worked together. I spent the time working on hansuki. First Brad worked with me, and then Josh Taylor worked with me on it. One of the parts I worked on was the foot replacement, scrapes, and the 7 strike combination. It's really more complicated than it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home