Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, December 22, 2006

3 kata

So we got the kids lined up. Then we had them run around. We did some strikes hand strikes, and kicks. I got out some shields, and the assistands held them. I thought it was good for the kids, to be able to hit a target versus just strike air. I also got out some squares to have them put there feet on, so there foot would come back to the same place. It would be interesting to make this a game.

We worked on on pinion. One person didn't know all of it. So the assistants did the form around the person to help them out. Then we broke up into groups to work individually with each of the kids.

We played freeze tag for the game. I stayed by a piece of weight lifting equipment, and tagged anyone who came by. I think it's a good deterant to keep them from running into the equipment.

The next class came in and they mediated, ran laps, did the thought of the week. Then we broke up into groups. I worked with the blue through blue/green group. First I took them through there forms, then through there combinations, then I had them line up and one person would do an overhead attack on the defender who would do the technique.

Then the kids played frisbees. I added some cones to the game so, to make it more challenging. I figure since it's a more advanced class, we need a more advanced game.

Then brown-blackbelt class. After two hours I had to go to the bathroom, then jumped into doing laps. We each did a stretch.

Then we did overhead club techniques in the air. Then did one on each person in the room. Then we counted off and seperated into two lines. Each line was staggered, and the first person would go through and be attacked by the other people in the line. Then the people would rotate and another person would defend themselves. Jim had a us race between the two lines.

Then we broke off and I worked with a group on the combinations. Some people had a hard time remembering the combinations, so we did it again to help them remember them. Then we worked on 11 combination and 19. Another person had one and 20 combination, so I looked at that and made a suggestion. Then I had them once they had learned those combinations to do them on another person on mats.

Then I worked with a bunch of people on 3 kata. I learned a little bit from one of the people who already had it but wanted to help. That was the end of class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home