Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hall of Doom part 2

For the kids who were there, we did some stretching before class. Well, had the kids run through two wavemasters, with the helpers and rolling ukemi balls. It was only two balls since they aren't as advanced as the kids in the blue through green brown belt class.

Then we worked on some strikes. Making sure the kids knees were bent, and no fingers sticking out. Also that the kids had a good ki.

Well, then we broke off into groups. I and a helper worked with the yellow belts. I gave them three combination. Then I had them do it on a shield to practice taking someone down. They had trouble with it but for their first time doing it I thought they did well.

Then I got one of the big balls, and roll it at the kids. The kids would then do punches or kicks on it. I stood back to catch it. Then I moved on to doing kempos on the ball, side clubs and overheads.

Then we did something where the one group of kids would stand on dots and or feet and the other kids would through frisbees at them. Then if they got hit they would have to do a kempo. Then we switched with them.

Then for a game we played freeze tag. We had the helpers keep the kids away from the weight equipment. One of the kids came over and asked to help. So I let him stand there. For the last thing, we got did the motto.

I took the other class over to the other side so they could mediate. Then we had them do some laps. I wanted to do the hall of doom thing but the kids were going to fast. So instead I did some knife techniques, well.. I went to swinging a yellow bat instead. That seemed to go well.

One thing we had kids do is all walk quietly to the drinking fountain. Well, that didn't seem to work to well. So we had them halfmoon instead.

Then we did the thought of the week which let me setup the Hall of Doom. This time instead of four wavemasters. I used six with two rows of three. Then when the kids got through one they could ring the bell and that was the signal for another kid to start. Then they would run through the other set of wavemasters. I think it went well, and the kids seemed to have fun with it but eventually it was time to do something else. It was good exercise to keep the group busy.

So we broke off, and the other helper wanted to work with the green belts on 3 pinion. So I took the green brown belts and had them do forms in the dressing room. Then when they had done there most basic form, I turned off the lights. One hard part is they are on different places as far as material so it's hard to work individually with them.

Then I took them out and worked strikes and kickes with them on the wavemasters that I had setup before. I also had them do some combinations and kempos on the wavemasters. I had each kid do a kempo then the other kids then everyone would do it together. Another thing I did is have them do is have them swing there leg over the top. Some kids had trouble with it some didnt' so I went to something else.

Then for a game we played kick the bag(basically like dodgeball). I helped set out some bags, then when they were done we had the kids put them away. Then I talked about the blackbelt project for a moment and they were dismissed. Hopefully we'll pick up some more people this saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home