Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

day off

Well, I got tuesday's off. Why tuesday's I don't know. But I did, so I asked if he needed help with the tuesday white through purple class. So I went and helped out with the class.

First, we lined the kids up had them mediate. Then had them run some laps. Then stretching, it's amazing how hard it is for the kids to balance. Then I did a review of strikes while another black belt did kicks. I went around when we were doing the kicks with a blocker, to give them something to kick.

Then we did a drill where the kids did a "low" draw. Basically liked up in rows then when an instructor said "go" they would jump up and do a combination or some punches and kickes. I crawled behind some of the kids to get them to go faster.

Then we broke off into groups. I worked with the orange belts. I worked with them on strikes and I would suprise them with a side club. One thing I like doing is calling out a stance for them to do with a punch such as the cat or leopard stance. I also had a student get out two small blocker pads, and held them as two of the three kids struck them, then had them rotate in and out.

I stayed around for the teen green through brown belt class. They ran themselves through some laps and some stretches. They did alot of laps which was good.

Then what they did is the gauntlet. With sideclubs and overheads. Then a streets of venice exercise. Then where they walked around in a rectanglar and someone attacked them. They got kind of goofy maybe it was me. So me and Jim lined up and we did knife attacks to defend themselves with.

I hoped they learned something about knife attacks that day. I like using training rubber knives, that way if they don't defend themselves properly well, that's no big consequence. With even an unsharped metal knife one has to be careful, that one doesn't stab someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home