Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, September 14, 2006

club techniques

I got the kids lined up, Shaina, the assistant got the cards. I had the kids running laps for the cardio, then we did the stretching exercises. Next came a mini- obstacle course. Which was climb over some mats, do a side club or overhead, and do a combation, and do another combination.

I worked with the white belts because I wanted to work with them on the side and over head self defense techniques. The worked with them on the side clubs and overheads. It was kind of frustrating. But then again I must remember I had to start somewhere. The white belts are the future of the school.

We played jump the dragon, and I was the guy swinging the rope. It's hard to get at a nice even pace. I found it I put my hips on the floor it went better. Then it was time for the next class.

School's back in session, so the summer classes for the kids are over. Deb's back in the afternoon classes. So it was nice that she got after people for not lining up correctly.

We had them do pushups, but we had them come half-way up and hold it this time. Hopefully that will help them build arm stretch up. Then we also did situps, and jumping jacks. We also did running. I setup some mats for them to run over, but kind of cut it down for safety reasons.

Then we split up. I had eight kids alone by myself for awhile. Which is fine. I had them run through forms and worked and checked people for stripes. Then I tried split people off so they could work on stuff. I worked with someone on side clubs and overheads. Hopefully she will be ready.

Then for a game they played jump the dragon again. This time though three people at a time were to "jump" the "dragon". So that was an interesting twist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home