Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, September 22, 2006

figure eights with army crawl

So I chased some kids while doing some laps. Then we did stretching. Then I did a shuffling exercise. The kids really seem to like shuffling.

Next was the mini-obstacle course. So the kids bounced on these dots, and couldn't touch one dot. Then had to run through some dots, climb over some mats and do a side club. Then go do it over again. I mainly threw back the balls they were jumping on.

Next we broke up into groups. I worker with the orange and purple belts. So we started working on combinations. The kids seemed to have a hard time remembering them, so we played a little game. When they did a combination I called out they were able to advance one rectangler. It seemed to help speed up remembering it. Then an leadership team member took the purple belts and worked on side clubs.

Then we played snowballs. One side was creaming the other, and they had an extra person, so I put out some wavemaster tops. They still won but slower. Then the teachers played against the students.

Next class came, and I setup a some matts that the kids could crawl under. They were to run in a figure eight, then crawl under the mats. Thing is there was another person wanting to go through at once too. I think it would have gone better with an obstacle course.

Then we did the thought of the week. We let one of the students who was trying hard read it. So that was a confidence boost for them.

Then we broke up I checked stripes. I had one of the people up for a stripe, I had her close her eyes. Then I said I was bringing in a really excellant martial artist to check her for her stripe. I thought it was funny. Hope she wasnt' too embarressed.

Then the class played frisbee's as a game.

One thing is have some yellow foam bats, we use for clubs defenses, games, etc. Thing is they are soft yet rigid. So sometimes the foam breaks. Likewise, I think it is important for instructors to remain flexible, else we be like the yello foam bat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home