Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The martial arts and real life

I read a small section of Grandmaster Villari's The martial arts and Real Life. I think I will probably read more of it someother times. I've been reading some of the action principles, while the kids mediate but was in the mood for something new. I guess it went over a point I was trying to make about people's foot being on the floor. I know it's not easy for them, but I hope eventually that working with the kids well help them.

One of the kids wasn't there. Oh, well got other kids to work with. Wanted to try and encourage him a little.

One thing I did is have the kids run through forms. Then worked on some of there combinations. Then we did a gauntlet exercise while I tried to teach one of the kids some of statue of the crane. That kind of turned into a circus, but I couldn't think of something to do with them otherwise.

I helped watch tiger rolls. It kind of got a little sloppy. Which I don't like but atleast it teaches people to go down.

I'm going to have to get out of the studio faster after class. I'm hoping to work with one of the students who is getting near to one of his next belts on saturday, but we'll see if he's available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home