Google
 
Web My Journey

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Playing to the audience

I went to the empty hand class. We did the laps, kicking drills, punching drills, etc. then I worked with the green-brown belts. One of the people was up for a belt stripe, and what he needed was ten combination and a form. So I worked other combinations and forms in to see if that might help him remember the material. We worked on the forms alot. One part he was having trouble was the "tiger" walk. So we practiced doing it up and back. Another thing we did is "yoking" the form, so that the other person participated in the form. I was hoping it would help him see what he needed too do. Then each group showed off what they worked on.

Then I worked with one person with the weapons class. We started out doing some of the forms. I have trouble doing the revised forms. Then I had him striking some bags, without knocking the cones over. Then we did some escrima stuff. We practiced doing it in circles. Then I had him do it on the ropes. He hadn't done it on the ropes so that was knew for him.

One thing I was told I need to work on is to play to the audience. One problem is sarcasm is hard because in class I don't have time to make it really obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home