Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Wall part 2





So I helped Jim work on the wall. I marked some spaces for him to put in screws in. We put in more drywall up, but a piece broke. We put up about as much as we could. So Jim's going to order more drywall.

Anyway, I helped with the white through purple belt class. I worked with the purple belts, and an orange belt. I worked with them on strikes, then worked with them on some stances, and other techniques. Then I put some mats, and some wavemasters and come one at a time. Then I would play the attacker so they could do the proper defense.

We played tug of war for a game. The little Ninja's versus the little Dragons. Then we played instructors. So the first time me and Jim let it go. Then the next time I tried to keep it going, but I let the instructors win.

Next class lined up and mediated. Then we had them run a lap one lap jogging, one skipping one lap, shuffling to the inside one lap shuffling to the outside. Then I had the kids do it again but would stop them and do strikes, kicks, pushups, and situps. Then Josephine, and Brittany, did some stretches.

Then we did some kicking drills, front ball kicks, instep kicks, crescent kicks, rising knee, roundhouse knee, etc. The kids were having trouble turning their hip over, so I took two wavemasters, put a stretched a rope in between them. Next we had the kids line up and do heats of roundhouse kicks, hook kicks, crescent kicks, and reverse cresent kicks.

The kids were getting tired, so we split off into groups. Brittany worked with the green belts. Josephine worked with the upper blue belts. Then Jim D. worked with the green-blue belts. I worked with the lower blue belts.

What we worked on with one kata. First I had them do it. Then I had them do it individually. Then I had them yoke the form, but I had them do it with shields, yellow bats, and helmets. So to avoid injury.

Then the kids played frisbees. I was kind of tired from helping with the wall today, so I didn't stay for class.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home