Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, May 24, 2007

No Game :(

Well, before class started the kids on a game called pulling hands that I learned at the seminar. Then had the kids line up, had them "bow in" and mediate. Then had them run some laps. Personally, I think it's better when not to have any passing since when the kids do pass they seem collide with each other. Then we did some stretches.

We had do the some kicks and punches. After which we did some team based things such as having the kids in two lines facing each other trying to be faster then each other. Jim D. had them go back and forth such as doing bunny hops, and such. I tried to gets some bags out and provide a target for kids to hit. Then we split them into five teams. If the kids didn't listen then they got rewarded. I "rewarded" some of the kids by putting elastic bands around their hands. So that they would have to do the what Jim said with elastic bands.

So then the kids didn't listen so we setup to have a game, and then the kids watched in front position. Well the kids didn't stay in front position. So Jim D. had them do pushups. I tried correcting the kids posture when they were doing pushups and situps.

I went over to the other side to get the kids lined up. I had them mediate till all the kids were lined up, since Jim D. was doing other stuff. Then we went through stretches, then some kicks such as roundhouse, frontball kicks, instep kicks, hook kicks, and cresent kicks. Then we went into one and two pinion.

Then we broke off into groups, Brittany took the green-brown belts, Zach took the blue-green belts, and I took the blue belts. I went into 1 kata. I kind of had a brain fart on it. Jim came back and he watched what I was doing and he teaches it a little different but that's fine. I think I not sure as the person I learned it from knew it that well. I went into one kata, because I had alot of people to work with, and most of the people needed to work on it. Then those that didn't could use the review.

Then we played jump the dragon. I swung the dragon on the first round. Then zach did the Dragon swung it on the second round.

Then we lined up for the green-black belt class. Sara warmed us up by doing some laps, then we did some stretches. Then we did pull hands, and push hands exercises from the seminar. Then we broke off into a groups. I, Sara, and Bill worked on the 22, and 23 combinations. Then I worked on some of my other combinatiosn and some of the black belt ones.

Then for the last few seconds we did a kempo. I didn't understand what they were doing but I followed along as best we could. Then we bowed out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home