Google
 
Web My Journey

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Hill

So I started the weapons class out. Brad was a little late. So I ran with them doing some laps, then did some jumping jacks, push ups and sit ups. Then did some stretches, and warmup stuff. Then started doing some forms. A couple people putting much into the form. So I had one person demonstrate the form and pointed out some of the good things about the form.

Then Brad took over and I went through some bo staff forms. Then I worked with a liliana giving her part of her next form. I showed her the movements, then had her do them on a small wavemaster. I would push it over, when she did an axe strike. Then I had her that part of the form to different angles. Then I would throw a bag and have her hit it while she did the form. Then for the last thing I had her do it on a stacked mat.

Then Brad worked with me. He showed me part of my next bo staff form pronounced Tokomeany. It combines three of the other beginning parts of the bo staff form. Which is interesting. I did another of my upper staff forms.

Then it was time for empty hand class. I had the people line up and mediate, and collected the cards. Then I had them do six laps, some jumping jacks, situps and pushups. Then Jim took over and we did this thing where we jogged in place. Then when he said "down" we would do two pushups. If he said "up" we would do two jumping jacks.

The next thing we did this thing where we laid down in a line and the first person would jump over other people. Then the next person would go. We went across the room several times in this manner. Then everyone was in push up position, and we would crawl under everyone. Then get into a pushup position.

Then we climbed the ropes. I didn't get very far. But I tried.

Then we went and climbed the "hill". We did several forms, such as 1 pinion and Statue of the Crane. Then Jim D. had us do a ring of fire. I grabbed a corn cob and attacked with it. Then next time I grabbed a corn stock. I thought it provided some comic relief. Then we walked back in and bowed out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home