Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ready to send some people to the blackbelt test

So had the kids play the pass the ball. Maybe I need to find another game for them to play before class. Anyway, then I had the kids line up, then I had them go back to what they were doing, and line up again.

For a warmup, had them do some log rolls on a mat, then jump over some stepmasters. Then did some stretches and some pushups, situps, and jumping jacks. Then did some heats, where they would run over and hit a shield with different strikes and kicks. We did that till we did the thought of the week.

After the thought of the week, then I worked with some white belts and purple belts, getting them some more material and checking them for some stripes. Their were some people close to get a stripe but no one got a stripe. It would have been nice to see one person get it.

Then we played kick the bags for a game. One thing is kids have a hard time remembering which side to go on. So we'll have to find a way to fix that.

Next class, lined up had the green-belts hold their arms up in the air because of them was playing with them before class. Then I had them keep jogging till everyone was lined up. Then we broke off into groups, I took the green-brown through blue-green belts. One of brown belts was helping me, check stripes, then took the blue-greens.

I worked with the green and green-brown belts on sideclubs. I had had them do as many as they could before. A green-brown belt needs seven overhead club techniques for that stripe.

Then kids played freeze tag for a game.

Then I had the green through brown belt class bow in and mediate. Then I had them do some laps. One thing I had the people going for their blackbelt do is yoke two forms. I wanted to throw a curve ball at them.

Then Jim came back and we did a bunch of the forms. I broke off and helped one of the brown belts with 3 kata. Then that was the end of class.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home