Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

pass the ball

So before class, I had the kids playing kick the pass the ball. I figured it would help develop their legs and coordination. Also keep them out of trouble.

The kids were slow to get lined up, so I had them go back and do it again. Then they were slow to get on their feet again after mediating, so I had them sit down and redo it. We had them run around, then Dakota, and Chelsie stretched them out. I did some of the stretches too, until I put some mats up. Then we did the thought of the week, which was going over the newsletter.

Jim D, then had the kids do some strikes. Then we helpers got the pads out and held the pads for the kids. It gives them something to aim for.

I worked with a group of orange belts on their strikes. Their were yellow belts, so I I called out some strikes, and had them do it. Then I got out a cardio paddle and had them hit the paddle one at a time. Then moved on to the next person.

We then played a game of jump the Dragon. I first spinned the rope, then another person spun the rope for the kids. I jumped in the Dragon, and it was pretty good cardio.

So then the blue-green/brown class got lined up. We put wavemaster tops down and had the kids jump over them. Realistically I next time I would probably use shields or something instead. Then the class did one pinion together.

I worked with checked stripes. I worked with a couple people on their kempos, and worked with one person on strikes and combinations. Then I worked with the green belts going over combinations. One thing is getting the green belts too sink in 15 combination so they could actually put a person on their legs, instead of of them falling off and not being able to do it.

So then we played a game of frisbees. So we setup the pins and the kids played. We are using a variety of different things right now; frisbees, snowballs, dice, etc.

Then the green-brown belt class got line up. Jim wanted them to jump over the mats. So I had them run over the mats then around some cones. Didn't work out as I planned but it was okay. Then I had them step up on the mats and do some strikes. Then press their heels onto the mats. Next I had them use their combinations as warm-ups.

Perhaps, I should have just done some stretching after the running but oh well. So Jim D, led us through stretching along with a few tai chi exercises. Then we did some warmups exercises, such as pushups, situps, and jumping jacks.

We broke off into a group and worked on combinations. I had the group work on 6, 7, 3, 5, and 13. Figuring that working on the basics would be best. We were going to demonstrate them but we ran out of time. Then we line into two rows and did 1 kata, and 3 pinion. We had to redo 1 kata because we weren't doing it together.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home