Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Going outside

Got the kids playing Passing the ball before class. Then had them lined up and got them bowed into class. Had them run around for their cardio, then do some pushups, situps and jumping jacks. Then had them half-moon forward and backwards. Next came some basic strikes.

The thought of the week, was me Chelsie and Dakota trying to get the kids to get out of a horse stance. It didn't really work the way I wanted it too. But it was interesting.

Had the purple belts and the orange belt go outside with Chelsie. Me and Dakota, worked with the yellow and white belts with cardio paddles. At first I had them half moon up and do a strike or a kick. But later I had them run up.

Then when everyone was inside again we played Kick the bag. Where you, kick the bag instead of throwing it. We had a couple games of that going.

Next class came in, and I tried having them do a figure eight. But it ended up several times of them just going in a circle. It was had to describe.

Then Jim had them do some kicks and punches and some combinations. He called it out and if they didn't do anything then they would do pushups. Then we had a competition where me and Jim D. would hold bags, and kids would race to see which row could get done first. Then we went outside, and I checked stripes and worked with a few people.

Then green through brown belt class got started, and I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back I tried running, but I had the class finish the laps, then do the lotus palm breathing technique. Then run through some stretches.

Then we did some kicks and punches. I then worked with two people, a green-brown belt, and a newer brown belt. They both needed to review their handstrikes, so the person who hesitated first had too do pushups. Then I worked their kempos with takedowns. We got out the crash mat, and I worked with them on the mat. Finally I worked with them on slapping out and rolling out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home