Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Front position ball game

So I gathered the cards for class, and tried to get people to play hacky sack before class time. For one thing it was suggested that I play games with the kids to show that I'm not a mean person, and it helps develop their kicks. Well, it ended up being a game of catch.

Anyway, we got the kids lined up, then had them run some laps. Then kept the class busy while me and Dakoda, put up an obstacle course. Jim wanted something that emphased agility. So I put rope on the floor and had the kids jump over it. Then we had a small savemaster for them to do front two knuckle punches on. Next some cones to shuffle through, and another wavemaster two do back two knuckle punches. After that was some wavemaster tops with cones put at the side for them to get over, then a wavemaster for them to do thrust punches on. The last thing was some stairmaster steps to jump over. I had them run through a few times, then added a having the kids do two front ball kicks on another wavemaster, and two sidethrust kicks, and over head club technique (an x block). The next thing is we had the kids do a kempo punch technique on the wavemasters. I demonstrated the technique for everyone.

We played a game of front position ball. I came up with it basically you have two lines facing each other. One side is in a front position, the other side tries to throw a snowball into the front position of another person. If the kids don't make it then they have to sit down. I thought this game would be a fun way to reinforce the having a good front position.

I got the next class lined up, and bowed in. They were a bit slow getting up. So I had them do it again. We played the name game and they were a bit slow so I had them do it again. Then I set some wavemaster tops and had them jump over them without moving them. They werent' too success full at it, so if they could get one lap without moving them. Then we did some jumping jacks, some situps with some punches, and some pushups where you move to the side. Then Britany, and Zach, warmed the class up.

Jim had the class go through some kicking drills. He had them touch each other's feet. If they missed it was 2 pushups.

Then I worked with the green through green/brown belts. I had one of the kids through a beach ball and had the kids try and hit it. Then I moved on too kempos, having him poke in for the kempos.

For a game the class played jump the Dragon. There were so many kids we had two circles. I kind of ran late. I had the kids pick up a club. Then we combined it too one circle.

Then I ran the warmup for the green for brown adult class. I had a Brown Belt do five laps of his choice, then some jumping jacks, then some situps, and finally some pushups. Then had the class do the lotus palm breathing technique to regain their breath. Then I did some stretching to warm the class up. Then bowed and thanked them for letting me lead them in warmups. I would have stayed but after having missed classes last week, I not as conditioned too the exercise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home