Google
 
Web My Journey

Saturday, April 28, 2007

a escrima stick exercise I did

Well, I had the class go around doing rolling the sticks. While they were doing that I put electrical tape on the wavemasters. Two diagonally, and one done. Should have put one across, but oh well next time.

Then I had the people do the 8 angles on the wavemasters. Then right and left handed. I also had them do two angles such as 1, and 2, then 3 and 4 then 5 and 6 then 7 and 8, each with the male and female footwork. Then I had them do each angle a number of times. Then half-mooning forward and backwards.

Then Brad wanted me to do escrima counts so I had them do a gauntlet. One person was having problems with 3 count. So I had them do in the air a few times. Then went back to the bags and did it on the bags. Then went back and had him do it slowly. Oh well, something to work on next time.

Then we went through bo staff forms. Bruce asked the people the name of the form. Me and Bruce went through our upper bo staff forms too, and while the lower belts were going through their sai forms.

Travis then had did some kicks on the wavemasters. Then we did like a front ball and a roundhouse. A low kick and a high kick. A kick and a couple of strikes. Then we did some stretches, and then we went for the powerful roundhouse kicks.

Then we played a game of musical wavemasters (kind of like musical chairs). I got two the last round, then got beat by a blue belt. Then we did some forms, just with our legs, then on our backs, then from a seated position. Then we helped two people who were going for their blackbelt test by attacking them anyway we wanted too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home