Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

danger room

One thing with the kids we did today, is we put the kids in two lines. Then me and another person were in between the kids and a small bag. The kids job was to kick and punch the blocker, then grab the bag. I thought it worked out well.

The rest of the class I checked strips today. I think alot of the kids are close to getting them. One of the kids I almost gave strips too.

Then we played tug of rope. The student I worked with really pulled hard. Even with one of the adults pulling against them. So I was quite proud.

With the green/green-brown belts, I set up four mats and grabbed some items to make what I call the Danger Room. Then had one student in the center, while another student would attack the one in the center. I had originally planned only four attacks, overhead club, sideclub, kempo punch, and an underhand knife. With four different ways openings. Well, the other instructor had us do the over head knife. So that was like twenty different attacks. Then later when the kids started understanding it, we closed the flaps, and let them go in with a blocker which was just punches and kicks. I tried keeping the time down so they weren't taking forever. I think it helped give them a sense of how to defend themselves in a real situation. The other instructor was checking stripes while this was going on. One thing is I kept a flap open so I could supervise what was going on.

The other instructor started working with the green/green-brown belts. I think they were working on some combinations then doing something with takedowns. I knew one side was punching in which was good for the green/green-brown belts too do so they get that interpersonal skill.

Then we played snow balls. We had trouble finding the snowballs but we found them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home