Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, September 07, 2006

danger room again

One thing I think with the white through purple class is it takes more people. When working with the blue through green-brown belts it's easier because they have some discipline. Where as the working with white belts is hard because get distracted alot. If they were adults it would be easier. I find the limit with the class is about four white belts at a time.

We had a kid piss his pants. I felt bad about it. I let him go to the bathroom, but maybe he didn't know where the bathroom was? I don't know. Someone got in there before he did. So I said after she was done he could use it. Well apparently it couldnt' wait. So I took some of the other kids, and another instructor cleaned it up.

Then one of the kids missed her daddy. I told her well, you have to enjoy the times you have with your family as best you can. She seemed to have fun after that.

One of the things another instructor did for a warmup was going back and forth in the room. I was originally going to have them do a front roll, then do a kempo. But on second thought that was too advanced for them. So I stacked some mats like a pyramid, and had them climb over. Then I threw a bag, and they were to hit it. I think it is was a good exercise, but might have better with a ukemi ball instead.

For a game we played freeze tag. I got some foam bats out. Then we tagged them if they got to close too the weightlifting equipment so they didnt' get hurt. I tagged one of the assistants and she said "that wasn't fair." "your right," I said, "it's not,and the sooner you get used to it the better off your going to be."

For the warmup we did thirty; pushups, situps, and jumping jacks. The then did some laps of bear crawls and crab walking. With the blue through green browns, we had them run over the mats stacked like a pyramid. But this time there was a second stack of mats. Matt said it gave them something to think about. I wouldnt' leave the mats out though as they are a distraction.

We did the though of the week and then split up. I ran the green/green-brown belts through the a few forms. Then Matt Dawson, taught some material, and Jim Embrossio checked stripes, and I ran the "Danger Room". Some of the kids wanted to do it again, and Jim Embrossio hadn't seen it, so I thought it might not be a bad idea. It went better last time in my opinion, with fewer flaps one could go through. Also having speeding it up also seemed more realistic.

For a game, I think we did freeze frisbees. One thing is they have to be careful about how they through them because the frisbees have an elastic eband in them. One thing is the frisbees tended to go all over. So I stood back and three frisbees back into the mix when the got to far back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home