Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, August 11, 2006

baseball bat swing trick

So we did three laps. Then did twenty jumping jacks with 10 super jacks. Then 20 regular pushups, and 20 situps.

We worked on the bo staff forms. We worked on one form they had some of. I wanted to work on a sai form. But not everyone had sai's. Oh well.. I think it worked out better anyway.

I showed a trick I practice. With one had I through up a bag, then hit it with my bo staff to prove a point. That it's harder to hit something diagonally with a baseball bat swing. One thing is the range, it's harder to dodge a staff farther out. Where if you use a baseball swing, to the knee you could lift your leg up, or duck under the staff.

Another point I made was that one could use the butt of a staff like a poking club. There is a part of the form where you do a figure eight then do a side poke. I think people paid attention to what I was saying.

Me and Bruce got a little more of the second tonfa form. The strikes in the form are kind of like an upper cut in nature. Then kind of a figure eight. It's really an interesting move, but it feels awkard. Oh well over time it will feel natural.

After class I went home and practiced the rest of my material accept for the escrima counts. I practiced throughing the sai's and worked on my tonfa's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home