Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tunnel of Doom

So we started the white through purple belt class. For a warm-up we had them line up then touch the red mats at the other side of the dojo. I had a blocker and tried to be an obstacle in there way.

Then after that we did the thought of the week. Then we broke up into groups. I took the purple belts. We went over strikes. Then through some basic combinations. Then a shuffling exercise with some basic punches. For a game we played ring around the dragon.

With the blue through green brown class. For a warmup we did some laps. Then did the thought of the week.

We broke up into groups. We worked on forms alot today. I had them do kempos and plum tree to do something different. I also had them stand back to back, infront of each other, and to the corners.

Then for a game we played what I call the "Tunnel of Doom". Basically put some mats down and ukemi balls through the matts. One thing we ended up doing is once one person went through having them stay over on the other side and rolling the balls through the other side. The kids seemed to like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home