Google
 
Web My Journey

Friday, June 30, 2006

Weapons class

When to the school early, and practiced my tai chi weapons form. My teacher gave me the sword and gave me free lessons, so I feel obligated to practice it especially since I bugged him to teach me it. After practicing for a while, I've kind of developed some of my own moves. First I want to finish the form. I think I need to practice the form more and gain a better understanding of it before coming up with my own form.

Me and another green-brown belt taught the class tonight. I didn't know till a few moments before the class. So we lead the class through the laps, pushups and situps.

Next we did forms with bo stafs. Once we got to where the orange belts didn't have anymore of the material then we broke the group up. I worked with the blue belts for a while on one form.

Then I worked with the orange blets, on escrima sticks for awhile. I had them partner up and work on different counts. Then worked on male and female footwork on each count.

Then I had them get out six wavemasters and work on the eight angles. First I went in order then backwards. First I went in order, then backwards, then even, odd, then random numbers. I wish we had one eight sided fuzzy dice for this but alas.

Then had them put 3 matts in between wavemasters. Then did the canoe exercise, where you pretend the wavemasters are attackers. We did that about three times.

Then for a finish I had the people group setup steps and do forms on it. We got through two forms. I knew that was a curve ball through.

I had several comments. One is I need to spend more time on what I'm having them do. The next was that it was most interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home