Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

horse stances

So I got the class lined up and warmed up. What I did is have place two wavemasters at the end of the dojo. Then had two kids line up and run down and do ten punches of various kinds. We did that a few times. Then we did the thought of the week.

Next we worked on a good front position, and right foot out and elbows for a few minutes. Then worked on good horse stances and strikes. What we did is put wavemaster tops under the kids. The objective was to touch but not sit on the wavemasters. Then the kids played snowballs.

The next class lined up and we did the same thing with wavemasters, only I put a mat down infront of the wavemaster. One team won two out of three so I had them carry a medicine ball on final heat. Then had them let them decide what they wanted the other team won. They decided the other team had to do a lap with the medicine ball. Which is fair. I was kind of hoping they would have them sing the villari them song.

The next thing I had them do is, line up then go back to the center line. I had them practice their breakfalls. If they know that well, hopefully that will serve them well when the go to the green - blackbelt adult class.

Then we broke up into groups. I worked with the green - green/brown belts. People were up for stripes, so I checked them while we were going over stuff. What I had the kids do is, do knife techniques one at a time with one person demonstrating the technique and everyone else doing it. I showed them a new knife technique. Then we went over 3 pinion very slowly. We started doing kempo techniques again by having one person demonstrate them and the rest do them but we ran out of time.

Then for the last part of the class, we played frisbees. I helped someone with plum tree blocking system while I was helping throw frisbees back into the game. We also put down pins that if the kids knocked over the rest of there team went in.

For the empty hand class we did seven laps, one skipping, one crosstepping, one shuffling to the inside, one shuffling to the outside, we started on the crabwalk, but we didn't make a full lap. So we did regular laps the rest of the way. Then we did some stretches.

Next we separated into groups. Each group would take turns attacking each other group. First we did overhead club techniques, then sideclub techniques, then kempo punch techniques. Then multiple attackers.

Next we worked on the lockflow. I worked with several people on the lockflow and the parry-parry-block part. Then we ended class with just parry-pary-blocking with out eyes closed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home