Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Homestudy Program

I think homestudy programs are alright but there are problems. One problem with watching videos is it might be hard to pick up some angles. Also getting a "feeling" for the correct way a technique should be applied.

One thing with is some require a partner to work with. While this is good in that you know each other, it also means you only have one person to work with. Also, if the partner can't do it anymore... well....

Another thing is safety. A good instructor will watchout to make sure his students dont' get hurt. While, you can still get hurt even under the best instructors, I like to avoid injury as much as possible.

Also feedback in class of an instructor. Sure some systems, have where you video tape yourself. He can he is there, not 1,000 miles away.

Personally I learn alot watching videos and watching videos have helped me to understand system's techniques I study better. One thing is, perhaps homestudy systems would work best with someone already advanced in the techniques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home