Google
 
Web My Journey

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Peripheral Vision

We started class, then we went through the normal routine. We worked on combinations a little though. Then we split up. I checked stripes while the other instructor did something else. One thing I notice is when I have the kids have a tendency to forget their techniques. Then there is a point which you can't get them to do anymore.

During the summer there is less kids attending the class. Well I guess we have the dedicated ones attending, which is fine for me. But once some of them do comeback, they will have to be refreshed on things.

Anyway, we had a discussion on why do learn all these techniques if they won't really matter if you had to defend yourself. Well, part of the point I made is you could still use part of the techniques. One thing is so many people concentrate on a "street" fight as being a situation where one defends one's self, when in reality there are many situations where one might have to that are nowhere near a street. Another thing is we have sparring classes, not alot of people show up too. If they were really interested in that type of training wouldn't they show up to that?

But I'm digressing, after that another person came over worked with the green belts, while I and Matt worked on combinations. What we did is split the kids into two groups. Then had the center person face the side of the school. Then one signal one side to punch in, and the center person would do a combination. I thought that was a good exercise. Maybe we should do more of that.

For a game we did crab walks, I tried giving someone a stripe but the office was closed. So I initialled there card. Hopefully I can get them there stripe later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home