Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A word for Rayden

Don't know the guy personally, seems like an alright fellow.  But he would do well to remember, he can win all his battles and lose the war.  Likewise he can lose all his battles and still win.

What do I mean by this?  The earth has such biological diversity in it.  One of the reasons he's stayed while others left is because of that diversity.  If we are not careful we could lose that diversity.  Then the earth would become a dead planet.  If we lose this diversity then what?  How many of us could fit on spaceships?  How many could survive the prolonged absences of gravity?

For instance, I volunteered at a local charity helping to take down an old electric fence.  Now a reaction I get is "Oh, that must be fun."  Well, there's an important aspect to it.  Take for instance how many times I've gone there this year.  If they had to pay someone to do that work I've been doing it would ad up to more then a few hundred dollars.  That's the same as giving a check to the local charity.

Now I would like to think by me helping out at the charity it is helping to keep the earth from becoming a dead planet.  I've also helped raise funds for the charity.  Though I donated to a different charity this year.  I'd like think that a continued effort would help to keep the earth from becoming a dead planet.  Though that is something that we all could benifit from.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home