Google
 
Web My Journey

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

the middle road

Something I learned in a JKD video once I think is appropriate. The person said, there was a difference between self perfection, and self preservation. You don't want to be doing to much of either. For instance you could be doing a forms all day long, but if you don't have the people skills to deal with someone punching in at you.... Like wise you could focus on alot of techniques, but if you don't have any of them down good enough to actually work...

What I'm saying is that there is a balance. You have to balance things in live. The external and the internal.

One thing I think about the school system is it's all about self-perfection. The highschool I went to was very good at what it did; sports, science, and song. But how does that help you in the real world? After you leave highschool? Sure alot of those kids should be going to college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home